Saturday, May 22, 2010

Berny's Praposal

Berny's Proposal was very perfect. When Berny got home from his mission things were kind of weird. I went to see him when he got off the plane and I was not sure if he even liked me anymore because he was so awkward with me. That night we went to play basketball and he really didn't pay very much attention to me. I remember going to sit next to him on the stage and when I did he move away slightly, instead of moving closer like he would have done before. Luckily, when he left he asked me if I wanted to ride with him. If he wouldn't have done that I probably would have just went back to Rexburg thinking that he did not feel the same way for me as I did for him. His cousin was driving his truck so we climbed into the back seat. Once the door closed and the light turn off all of a sudden I felt Berny's lips against mine. Which was really weird because we did not kiss before his mission. BUT I LIKED IT!!! When he dropped me off at my house my family was waiting. I walked in and they were all staring at me waiting for a story. When I said that he kissed me they all cheered. especially mom!!
Well the next night I went for a drive with him and that was when he asked me, "So when do you want to talk about getting married?" Well I panicked!!! I was not sure that I was ready for marriage. I knew that I loved him but we hadn't even gone on a date with just the two of us yet. Everyone at school didn't even know that I was dating anyone, I could not come home after one weekend and be engaged. I told him that I needed some time. Well, that kind of freaked him out. I left to go back to Rexburg the next day and he started calling my sisters to find out what I must be thinking and what he needed to do. So he started calling me on the phone and coming up to Rexburg on the weekends. One of the weekend that he came we went for a walk in the campus gardens and we found a really cool place surrounded by tree and that had a little pond. I
The next weekend Berny said he could not come down but that was ok because I was trying to plan a special night with Michelle because she was going to be leaving Rexburg the next year and would be attending CSI to get her nursing degree and she was sad about leaving.
I had been praying a lot to be able to feel good about marrying Berny, but I just felt really scared and not ready.
The night of my special night with Michelle I had a Basketball game before. I game was very good!! We Won!! After the game Berny called me to see how it went. When I got off the phone I remember really wishing that Berny was with me!! It was then that I realized that I did want to marry Berny and that I did want to be with him all the time. I remember telling my roommates, as we were walking to the garden to do a picnic for Michelle, that I wished Berny was there because I want to tell him that I was ready to get married. I wanted to take them to the place that Berny and I had found the weekend before. When I got there I saw someone was already there. Then I realized it was Berny and I was SOOO SURPRISED. I don't even know how to explain how happy I was to see him. Especially when he showed me the ring.
Berny had called AY and Michelle and had worked it out with them to have me there when they did. But they didn't expect that I would lead them to the place where he was.





No comments:

Post a Comment