Saturday, May 1, 2010

Matthew's Cross Country Team 2008-09



Janet: What I remember about seeing Matthew run cross country. Is that Matthew felt no pain. Most kids around him would be sucking wind and Matthew would start sprinting. But mostly during the times when people were watching. My favorite part of his race was when he would sprint to the end. Every time he did that he always looked so strong!! It made me cry every time I saw it. Why it effected me so much was that I know what Matthew has had to overcome in his life and when was running he looks like he was just like everyone else. No that is not true he look better than everyone one else. There were perfectly normal boys that Matthew passed up effortlessly and they all wanted to be as strong as him. Matthew is my HERO!!

Matthew: I started running cross country when I was a freshman in high school. My first cross country meet was in Oakley, I think; But it is hard to remember the date of my first meet. Becky Kent was my first Coach. The team mates in these pictures are James Clayton, Jordon Kent, and Danielle Schmidt.

Aki: I remember Matt was tired but when we would scream he would still go faster.    
























































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment